Friday, August 19, 2011

Gunn's Golden Rules

For this months book club we went to see the movie The Help which is based on the book The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which was our favorite book club book so far.  (If you haven't read it yet - go do it.  Amazing.)  And I think we all really enjoyed the movie too.  I know I loved it. Things were changed, of course, but the core of the story was there and done well.  And the actors were perfect!  (The only one that took me a while to get used to was Constantine.  That was not the Constantine from my mind.)  But when you go, be prepared - bring tissues.

Since we went to the movie Catherine decided to choose more of a 'fluff' read to discuss over food after, so we read Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making it Work by Tim Gunn.  And I have to say that I am super glad Catherine chose it.  Because having never watched Project Runway (I know!  I have added it to my queue on Hulu and am going to catch up) I didn't really know anything about Tim Gunn and therefore would never have read this book on my own.  And I really enjoyed it.  (That's the point of book club after all, isn't it?)  The title pretty much sums it up - Gunn offers rules for life, and through the rules he peppers us with anecdotes, gossip and personal stories.  What's not to like?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...