Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Lisa chose The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart for our September book club and I adored it!  Frankie is hilarious.  In fact I think I have a bit of a girl crush on her.  I want to be just like her when I grow up!  What's that you say?  I'm technically already grown up?  Well then, I will instead pretend that I was just like Frankie when I was 16 years old and am now the woman that she would have grown up to be.  Oooh I feel cooler and more interesting already.  I also find myself suddenly craving cheese fries and strawberry Mentos.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Everyone at book club really enjoyed it as well.  Frankie's just so spunky how can you not love her?  Ultimately it's just a quick, fun read - but sometimes you just gotta give yourself a break and read some fluff!  At least I think so - and so does everyone in our book club.  It's the story of Frankie Landau-Banks (big surprise there) who grows up enough between 9th and 10th grade that she goes from a rather small ordinary slightly geeky girls to a tall curvy bombshell with attitude in one fell swoop.  And sets out with her new found self along with her quick wit and scheming mind and decides to make some changes at her elite boarding school.  Namely a secret society The Loyal Order of the Basset Hounds.  So the point is if you want to read a good old young adult strong female lead type book this is the one for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...